WHAT ARE AVIDOG ASSOCIATE BREEDERS?
Responsible dog breeders who raise their puppies using the Avidog Way
WHY DOES GETTING A PUP RAISED THE AVIDOG WAY MATTER TO YOU?
Eight-week-old puppies may look similar but how they were bred and raised will determine much of the kind of dog they will become.
- Will they be healthy or sickly?
- Will they live a long, active life or will they die young?
- Will they be brave and stable or will they be fearful or neurotic?
- Will they be able to happily participate in your life or will they be too afraid?
Although there are no guarantees when creating living creatures, you can stack the deck in your favor by getting a puppy from a responsible dog breeder who follows the Avidog Way.
Following the Avidog Way, responsible dog breeders:
- are committed to their own continuing education, whether they are breeding their first litter or have been breeding for a decade or more.
- know which aspects of health and temperament can be passed on to puppies so choose dog parents very carefully.
- take good care of their dog moms, knowing the critical role that her nutrition, fitness, and happiness play in her puppies’ future temperaments and health.
- nurture their baby puppies, monitoring them closely for the first three weeks.
- create stimulating environments and well-planned socialization and development programs to bring out the best in every puppy.
- carefully match each puppy to its new home, so that it and its new owners will thrive together.
- sell their pups with written contracts and warranties.
- provide life-time support to their pups and owners for the pups’ lifetimes.
WHO ARE AVIDOG ASSOCIATE BREEDERS
Avidog Associate Breeders are responsible dog breeders who have publicly committed to raising their puppies the Avidog Way. This means that they have educated themselves about both cutting-edge and tried-and-true methods to produce puppies that mature into physically healthy, mentally stable dogs. And then they use those methods with every pup in every litter!
Avidog Associates renew this commitment and their knowledge every year so they remain current and continue to grow as breeders.
WHAT DOES THEIR COMMITMENT MEAN TO YOU
When get a puppy from an Avidog Associate Breeder you know you have chosen someone who has agreed that they will:
- Focus on making each and every puppy the best it can be, whether it will be a competition dog, working dog, or a family pet.
- Carefully select their puppies’ parents, focusing heavily on the mom and dad’s health and temperament
- Take special care of their dog moms prior to and during pregnancy to help their kids handle stress better, by:
- providing optimal nutrition
- keeping them in excellent physical condition
- providing enrichment to their daily lives
- limiting their stress
- Provide neonatal care that will set the foundation for their puppies’ lifetime health and temperament
- Create an enriching environment for their pups, from 3 weeks of age until they go home, in order to develop their brains and bodies
- Savvily socialize their pups, being sure they meet a minimum of 50 different people before they go to their new homes
- Create developmental opportunities for their puppies that will set them up for a lifetime of engagement with people
- Send their puppies home no earlier than 8 weeks of age
- Carefully match each pup to its new home based on the pup’s temperament, structure, and health, as well as the new owners’ needs and expectations
- Provide lifetime support to every pup and its owners.