Supplementing the Active Dog
After deciding on what dog foods to use, owners next need to determine appropriate nutritional supplements. Supplements can help or hinder performance, working and companion dogs. In this class, Gayle Watkins PhD and Chris Zink DVM PhD will help you make sense of nutritional supplements. What supplements make sense for your dog? Should you use whole foods or manufactured? What are some ways to figure out if supplements are good or a waste of money? This class comes with extensive resources, such as research studies.
Let’s talk about whether we should give our dogs nutritional supplements and, if so, which ones? How is this decision affected by your dog’s age, breed, and sports/activities? How do you choose?
- To supplement or not? How do you decide?
- Should you choose whole foods or manufactured supplements?
- Which supplements should all dogs take?
- Other recommended supplements based on:
- sport and activities
- How to evaluate supplements
HOW AVIDOG WEBINARS WORK
- Purchase the webinar through this page. Once you’ve paid, you will receive two emails:
- an invoice,
- an email with the subject, Your Avidog University Student Login Details, which provides your Avidog University login info for the student dashboard
- If you don’t see these emails in your inbox, check your SPAM or Junk folder. If you can’t find them anywhere, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the instructions in Your Avidog University Student Login Details email to log in to your class.
WEBINAR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- What equipment do I need to take the class? You can access the class from your phone, tablet or Internet-connected computer. You will need high-speed internet to be able to play the videos but transcripts and audio files are available for most videos.
- Can I get a refund? Sorry, there are no refunds for this class.
- How long will the class be available to me? You will have access to the class page, including the recordings, for a year.
- What are Fit for Lifeand Fit to Be Tied memberships? These two unique canine fitness programs include conditioning schedules tailored to your dog (or all of your dogs), exercise and informational videos, monthly live Q&A calls with Chris Zink and Gayle, monthly bonus classes (webinars) and the FFL private FB group. Fit for Life programs for puppies, adults, elites, seniors and geriatrics. In addition to these programs, Fit To Be Tied has additional programs for stud dogs and brood bitches.
- What is the For Breeders, By Breeders series? This series of webinars and classes presents pertinent information to dog breeders so they can best manage their dogs, breedings, puppies and owners. We cut through the scientific jargon and focus on what breeders can do to be the most successful possible!
- What is the Avidog Platinum Breeder College Membership (ABCM)? This monthly or annual membership is for new and seasoned dog breeders who are looking to make their breeding program the most successful possible, producing healthy, stable pups will taking great care of their stud dogs and brood bitches. ABCM includes Avidog’s FIVE flagship courses, monthly bonuses like this webinar, twice-monthly Q&A calls, weekly office hours, and a private Facebook group only for the ABCM community. If you want to connect with smart, educated, committed dog breeders, join today!