Caring for Senior Dogs
Do you have a beloved older dog? Learn how to care for your dog from two leading dog experts, Chris Zink, DVM PhD and Gayle Watkins, PhD. Through this three-part, online class learn how you can help your dog age well and increase its quality of life. We cover nutrition, supplements, fitness, life enrichment, stress management, and essential veterinary care for seniors.
This class is included in Fit To Be Tied, ABCM Platinum and ABCM Platinum Plus Memberships.
This short course on Caring for Your Senior Dog helps owners create and implement a care plan for their aging dogs. The course includes:
- three pre-recorded videos with Drs Chris Zink and Gayle Watkins discussing what to expect and how to care for senior dogs, based on current science, veterinary medicine, and long experience.
- Part 1: When are dogs seniors and what to expect
- Part 2: Creating a care plan for your senior dog
- Part 3: Common diseases of older dogs
- an interactive form that helps you determine which stage of life your dog is in.
- recommendations regarding creating a care plan for your aging dog:
- nutrition (food and supplements) for older dogs
- fitness and weight control
- creating an enriched life for your older dog
- the importance of stress management for older dogs
- suggested veterinary care for aging dogs
- common diseases of aging dogs and suggestions for handling them
- common questions from owners of senior dogs
- resources for caring for your aging dog
Online Class FAQ
HOW DO I ENROLL?
Simply click “ADD TO CART” from the product page and then VIEW CART. If you are a returning customer or student, login now. If not, enter your contact and payment information. Once your payment is complete, you are enrolled! Check your inbox (or spam folder) for login information.
CAN I TAKE THE ONLINE CLASSES USING MY MOBILE DEVICE?
Yes, our classes are formatted for all devices, although the videos are probably easiest to see on a larger screen, like a tablet or computer.
DO I NEED HIGH-SPEED INTERNET TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CLASSES?
Classes consist of videos and documents. Internet speeds that allow you to stream videos are ideal.
HOW LONG IS THE CLASS INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE?
You will have access to the class information for 12 months from purchase.
WHICH PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We support payments from PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diner’s Club, and Apple Pay.
HOW DO I ACCESS MY CLASS?
Check your email for your class login information. Then log in at courses.avidog.com to view your student dashboard. Once in the dashboard, scroll down to find the class link. Click on the link and it will take you to the class page.
CAN I SHARE MY CLASS?
No, classes are individual although we encourage you to recommend them to your friends or even gift them to them using our gift certificates or vouchers.
There are no refunds on online classes except for Puppy Potty Training Solution, which has a 90-day guarantee. Please read the class description and details closely.