Intro to Savvy Socialization
Despite widespread information on the importance of and how to socialize puppies, research shows we have growing numbers of fearful dogs in our world. Many point the finger at owners and breeders but in this class we’ll discuss why “socialization by to-do list” is failing. Then we’ll introduce Savvy Socialization, a new approach to puppy socialization that completely changes those early months of our puppies’ lives. Savvy Socialization is easy for breeders and owners to do so we can all raise mentally stable, sound puppies to become the dogs of our dreams. Join us to take your socialization beyond the to-do list!
HOW AVIDOG WEBINARS WORK
1. After purchasing the webinar, you’ll receive THREE emails from Avidog:
- an invoice for your records
- Your Avidog University Student Login Details, which provides your login info for student dashboard
- the information you need to register for and login to the Zoom webinar. Ts one takes a little longer to arrive but should be there shortly.
If you don’t see these emails in your inbox, check your SPAM or Junk folder.
If you can’t find them anywhere, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Register for the webinar prior to its start time. You may need to download a small program from Zoom. Don’t worry, it’s very safe! You can register any time prior to the webinar so do it early! For more details about using Zoom, check out this video.
3. We’ll open the webinar room about 5 minutes prior to the start of the webinar so we can all check our computers, audio and video. But don’t worry if you arrive late, you can still join in.
You will be muted during the presentation but we’ll have a live question and answer (Q&A) session at the end of the webinar and sometimes in the middle. If you have a webcam, you can leave your video on or off during the presentation.
4. Webinars usually last 90 minutes, including a live question and answer session.
5. A few days after the webinar, you will be notified via email when the recordings and resources are posted in Avidog University.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
What equipment do I need to join the webinar? You can join the webinar from your phone, tablet or Internet-connected computer. You will need a microphone on your computer or tablet in order to ask questions of the presenters.
If you are using a traditional or cellular telephone, you will be responsible for any charges and fees. Zoom has many dial-in numbers but some may be long distance so charges may apply. If you are a US resident, the email will give you dial-in numbers. Dial-in numbers for attendees outside the US can be found here.
Will I be able to purchase the webinar after it is over? Yes, all Avidog webinars are recorded and available for sale afterwards from our website. Your purchase will give you access to the recorded webinar and any resources that may have been provided during the event.
Can I get a refund since I couldn’t make the webinar? There are no refunds for webinars but you will be able to watch the webinar afterwards on the Avidog University site within about 48 hours of the webinar. If you registered for the webinar, you will receive an email telling you when the recording is up.
How long will the webinar be available to me? You will have access to the webinar page, including the recordings, for a year.