Using LH and Progesterone Testing to Time Breedings and Whelpings
By far, the most effective way to time your breedings, predict your whelpings and get more healthy puppies is through hormone testing. But hormone testing is expensive in terms of time and money so how can we get the most out of the tests we run. When do we start testing, where do we send the blood, and what do the results mean? In this online class, Gayle Watkins PhD discussed how we can use LH and progesterone tests to improve our breeding and whelping success. This online class comes with an extensive resource page with product suggestions, studies, cheat sheets and more!
This online class is included in our Avidog Breeder College Platinum & Platinum Plus memberships.
- What are LH and progesterone tests?
- How do these tests help us know when to breed?
- How do they help us know when your bitch will whelp?
- When should we run these tests?
- How do these run these tests?
- What do the results mean? How do we use them to make our breedings more successful and get more healthy puppies?
This webinar is part of our For Breeders, By Breeders series. It is included in the Avidog Breeder College Platinum Membership.
- Purchase the webinar through this page. Once you’ve paid, you will receive three emails:
- an invoice,
- an email with the subject, Your Avidog University Student Login Details, which provides your Avidog University login info for the student dashboard
- the information you need to register for and login to the Zoom webinar. This one takes a little longer to arrive but should be there within a day.
- If you don’t see these emails in your inbox, check your SPAM or Junk folder. If you can’t find them anywhere, drop us a note at email@example.com.
- Now, follow the instructions in the third email to register for the webinar prior to its start time. You may need to download a small program from Zoom to join the webinar. Don’t worry, it’s very safe! You can register any time prior to the webinar so do it early! For more details about using Zoom, check out this video.
- We’ll open the webinar room about 5 minutes prior to the start so we can all check our computers, audio and video. But don’t worry if you arrive late, you can still join in.
- You will be muted during the presentation but we’ll have a live question and answer (Q&A) session at the end of the webinar and sometimes in the middle. If you have a webcam, you can leave your video on or off.
- Webinars usually last 90 minutes, including the live question and answer session.
- After the webinar, you will be notified via email when the recordings and resources are posted on the course page in Avidog University.
- What happens if I can’t make the live webinar? Don’t worry, all webinars are recorded. You will have access to the videotape of the webinar, plus any resources for the webinar, on the Avidog University site within about 1 week of the webinar. You will receive an email telling you when the recording is up.
- What equipment do I need to join the webinar? You can join the webinar from your phone, tablet or Internet-connected computer. You will need a microphone on your computer or tablet in order to ask questions of the presenters.If you are using a traditional or cellular telephone, you will be responsible for any charges and fees. Zoom has many dial-in numbers but some may be long distance so charges may apply. If you are a US resident, the email will give you dial-in numbers. Dial-in numbers for attendees outside the US can be found here.
- Will I be able to purchase the webinar afterwards? Yes, all Avidog webinars are recorded and available for sale afterwards from our website. Your purchase will give you access to the recorded webinar and any resources that may have been provided during or after the event.
- Can I get a refund since I couldn’t make the webinar? There are no refunds for webinars but you will be able to watch the webinar afterwards on the Avidog University site within about 48 hours of the webinar. If you registered for the webinar, you will receive an email telling you when the recording is up.
- How long will the webinar be available to me? You will have access to the webinar page, including the recordings, for a year.
- What is the For Breeders, By Breeders series? This series of webinars and courses presents pertinent information to dog breeders so they can best manage their dogs, breedings, puppies and owners. We cut through the scientific jargon and focus on what breeders can do to be the most successful possible!
- What is the Avidog Platinum Breeder College Membership (ABCM)? This monthly or annual membership is for new and seasoned dog breeders who are looking to make their breeding program the most successful possible, producing healthy, stable pups will taking great care of their stud dogs and brood bitches. ABCM includes Avidog’s FIVE flagship courses, monthly bonuses like this webinar, twice-monthly Q&A calls, weekly office hours, and a private Facebook group only for the ABCM community. If you want to connect with smart, educated, committed dog breeders, join today!