Basic Genetics for Dog Breeders The goal of this is to introduce breeders to the important genetic concepts that underlie (or should underlie) breeding decisions.
- What is a gene and where do we find them?
- What are alleles?
- What modes of inheritance do dog breeders need to understand, including the basic simple recessive and dominant, but also covering polygenic, sex-linked, and genes with incomplete penetrance and variable expression.
This webinar is included in the Avidog Breeder College Platinum Membership.
HOW DO AVIDOG CLASSES WORK?
HOW AVIDOG CLASSES WORK
- Purchase the class through this page. Once you’ve paid, you will receive two emails:
- an invoice,
- an email with the subject, Your Avidog University Student Login Details, which provides your Avidog University login info for the student dashboard.
CLASS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
- How long will the class be available to me? You will have access to the class page, including the recordings, for a year.
- Can I get a refund? Sorry, there are no refunds for classes.
- What is the For Breeders, By Breeders series? This series of webinars and courses presents pertinent information to dog breeders so they can best manage their dogs, breedings, puppies and owners. We cut through the scientific jargon and focus on what breeders can do to be the most successful possible!
- What is the Avidog Platinum Breeder College Membership (ABCM)? This monthly or annual membership is for new and seasoned dog breeders who are looking to make their breeding program the most successful possible, producing healthy, stable pups will taking great care of their stud dogs and brood bitches. ABCM includes Avidog’s FIVE flagship courses, monthly bonuses like this webinar, twice-monthly Q&A calls, weekly office hours, and a private Facebook group only for the ABCM community. If you want to connect with smart, educated, committed dog breeders, join today!