Avidog’s Puppy College has a one-on-one online coaching program!
In today’s busy world it can be frustrating trying to find a puppy class that uses science-based training that also meets at a convenient time. Even if you can find one, many times it will be full and you’ll have to wait weeks to get into the next class.
Meanwhile, the clock is ticking for your puppy, and you want to take advantage of the 16-week window of training time that is critical in your puppy’s life!
Or you may be someone who got a puppy and tried to go it alone, but ran into problems and now really does not know how to fix the problems that have popped up. You may even be someone who just adopted a puppy from a shelter or a rescue group. If you are looking for one-on-one puppy video training — we can help!
We developed our one-on-one puppy-coaching program for those who are looking for a convenient, personalized training program!
After completing our 16-week program many of our students have told us that they have never made a better investment! Before you decide whether it’s for you, let us tell you how it works.
Who may enroll in the program?
Avidog’s Puppy Coaching Program is for busy puppy owners looking for an outstanding one-on-one experience in puppy training.
Whether you have a large breed or toy, mixed breed or purebred, we can help you turn your puppy into a beloved family companion.
It is best to start with puppies as young as 8 weeks of age, so you both get started off on the right foot (or paw), but we’d love to work with you if you have a puppy under one year of age.
Ideally, you would start your coaching before you bring your puppy home so we can be sure you have what you need to start your journey together.
What resources will you need?
- A telephone and/or the ability Skype or Facetime
- A video camera
- The ability to upload video to the internet via YouTube or Dropbox
What will we expect from you?
- To be open-minded to the science-based training methods we will be teaching you.
- To have the training equipment needed, which will include a crate. You likely have most of the equipment already.
- To train your puppy at least 15 minutes every day and videotape at least 10 minutes of training each week to submit to your coach.
- To give your puppy regular, daily exercise appropriate for its age and breed.
- To upload your video homework no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled coaching call. This will give your coach time to watch the video and prepare for your coaching call.
What can you expect from us?
- A list of training equipment you will need to train effectively.
- Skype, Facetime or telephone coaching calls to be held on mutually agreed upon days and times with the number of calls being determined by the training package you choose.
- A specialized training plan designed specifically for you and your puppy.
- Step-by-step guidance through your puppy’s training program showing you how to teach your puppy the skills that are important to you.
- Video demonstrations of some of the skills you will be teaching your puppy.
- An outline emailed after your coaching call listing the skills discussed during the call.
- Regular emails to check on your progress.
- Answers to any questions you might have about training, feeding, grooming or exercising your new puppy.
Once you sign up for coaching your Avidog coach will contact you to discuss your goals and work closely with you to develop a specialized training plan so you can meet those goals.
If you have a training plan in place and don’t want to take the entire 16-week coaching program but would like some help with a particular training issue, we have a two-call, one-week package designed to help you tackle individual problems as well.
Puppy College Coaching Packages
All coaching packages include a specialized training plan designed specifically for you and your puppy, step-by-step guidance through the program using videotape, downloadable training information, email support and telephone and/or Skype coaching calls.
Puppy Coaching packages with the following coaching call options are available:
- 30-minute coaching calls conducted once a week for 16 weeks – $960
- 30-minute coaching calls conducted twice a week for 16 weeks – $1,800
- 30-minute problem-solving calls conducted twice in 1 week – $200
Whether you’re ready to start your puppy off on the right foot as you begin your journey together or you need help in fixing any problems that may have popped up, we are here to help. Simply drop us a note to start the enrollment process!