FIT FOR LIFE MEMBERSHIP
Get and keep your dog fit for a lifetime of fun!
Designed for all dogs, FFL includes additional programs for elite athletes, puppies from 8 weeks to 15 months, and senior/geriatric dogs. (Breeders and stud dog owners should join Fit to be Tied instead to gain the same FFL benefits for all of their dogs PLUS learn what exercises are safe to do when during the breeding process.)
Fit for Life covers all of your dogs for one low monthly price! It includes regular assessments, individual programs tailored to each dog’s strengths and weaknesses, and step-by-step exercise videos. Members can look forward to engaging with Chris and Gayle through live, monthly video calls where they will get personal, hands-on instruction and answer to their questions. Members can also share suggestions, successes and challenges with others on the private Facebook group.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Key canine exercise concepts
- How to teach exercises to your dog
- Flexibility exercises
- Core strength exercises
- Front leg strength exercises
- Rear leg strength exercises
- Balance and Proprioception exercises
- Good for the Soul exercises
- Regular assessments for each of your dogs
- Individual fitness program tailored to each dog
- Introduction to key exercise concepts
- How-to videos to help you teach your dog each exercise
- Guidance on how to help your dog progress in its fitness program
- Adult, puppy, elite athlete, senior and geriatric programs
- Monthly live access to Chris and Gayle through video calls
- Regular bonuses, such as the best ways to cool your dog, how to teach your dog to trot, and more
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Once you’ve joined, you’ll get access to your membership page so you can get started right away.
- Begin by registering, if you are new to Avidog, or logging in, if you are already an Avidog member.
- Once on the membership page, begin by watching the assessment and exercise concept videos. You can also download the audio files or transcripts, if you’d rather listen or read.
- Then do the Fit For Life Fitness and Body Condition Assessment with your dog.
- After the assessment, you’ll receive your dog’s individualized fitness program to download and print.
- From there, review the specific exercise videos for your program and create your dog’s training schedule.
- Try to train 5-15 minutes a day, 5 days a week so you’ll be prepared with questions or issues for the monthly live calls.
- Repeat your dog’s Fit For Life Fitness and Body Condition Assessment to see the progress the two of you have made and get an updated fitness program each month.
Gather the gear and treats you’ll need, and go to work!
WHO IS THIS MEMBERSHIP FOR?
WHAT GEAR WILL I NEED?
- A computer (PC/Mac) with at least 4GB RAM
- We recommend that you connect to an Internet Line with an average speed of 10Mbps or better, and to use an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi
- The ability to connect with the instructors via Zoom, a global video and audio chat program, using a computer or phone
- We recommend using Chrome or Firefox Internet browsers on iOS, MacOS, Windows or Android
- Basic dog fitness gear, most of which you have around your house, such as delicious training treats, a non-slip surface, dog food bowls, low step stool, stairs, dining chairs with rungs your dog can crawl under, and couch cushions. To take your dog further, you may want to purchase PVC ground poles, wobble boards, and physio- or peanut balls.
CAN I TAKE THE PROGRAM USING MY MOBILE DEVICE?
Yes, although you will need to be able to download the pdf eBook.
WHICH PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We support payments from Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diner’s Club, and Apple Pay.
FIT-FOR-LIFE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP
cancel anytime, sorry no refunds
FIT-FOR-LIFE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP
cancel anytime, sorry no refunds
LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS IN CANINE TRAINING
She has been named Woman Veterinarian of the Year and her books have received accolades from the Dog Writers Association of America. Through her efforts, the American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation was recently established as the newest specialty in veterinary medicine.
In addition to her veterinary expertise, Chris has put over 100 titles in Agility, Obedience, Conformation, Tracking, Hunt Tests, Barn Hunt, Nosework, Coursing, and Rally on dogs from the Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier and Herding groups.
Gayle’s professional life included 22 years of service as a US Army officer (retiring as a Colonel), teaching, speaking and publishing, and conducting research for the Department of the Army as well as many corporate and non-profit organizations. Her education includes biology, business and sociology degrees from Harvard, Stanford and Gettysburg College.
Gayle has bred and/or shown over 130 American and Canadian Conformation, Tracking, Obedience and Agility champions, plus Qualified-All Age and Master Hunter golden retrievers. These dogs include the only two-time National Agility Champion and the youngest Champion Tracker golden.