STUD DOG MANAGEMENT
How to Raise, Manage and Use a Stud Dog
Stud dogs are an essential part of the breeding process but much of what happens with them seems like Greek to many of us: morphology and motility, first fraction or second, bent tails and proximal droplets, chill tests and post-thaw results.
In this course, learn what stud dog and bitch owners need to know about studs, semen and sperm, including:
- How do we raise a young dog to become an effective stud
- How do we manage a stud over his lifetime, including breeding management, nutrition, and conditioning
- How do we read semen reports and stud contracts when choosing a stud
- Types of semen and types of breedings
- What do we do when things go wrong
- Semen Evaluations: reading semen reports
- Collecting Stud Dogs: how to collect and evaluate semen
- Handling Breedings: what to do to improve breeding success
- Raising and Caring for Stud Dogs: nutrition, fitness, handling and more
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Stud dog owners and breeders of all breeds and experience
WHAT GEAR WILL I NEED?
- A computer (PC/Mac) with at least 4GB RAM
- We recommend that you connect to an Internet Line with an average speed of 10Mbps or better, and to use an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi
- We recommend using Chrome or Firefox Internet browsers on iOS, MacOS, Windows or Android
HOW DO I ENROLL?
Simply click “ENROLL NOW” and enter your payment information. Once your payment is complete, you are enrolled! Check your inbox (or spam folder) for registration information.
CAN I TAKE THE PROGRAM USING MY MOBILE DEVICE?
Yes, although you will need to be able to download the pdf eBook.
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE?
You can access the course material for 12 months.
WHICH PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We support payments from Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diner’s Club, and Apple Pay.
STUD DOG MANAGEMENT
In this session we will learn what stud dog and bitch owners need to know about studs, semen and sperm.
LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS IN CANINE TRAINING
Gayle is the co-founder of Avidog International, where she works with dog breeders around the world to design breeding programs that produce healthy, stable, long-lived dogs of all types. She has bred golden retrievers for nearly 40 years and is one of the few dog breeders to have twice been selected by the American Kennel Club as “Breeder of the Year.”
Gayle’s professional life included 22 years of service as a US Army officer (retiring as a Colonel), teaching, speaking and publishing, and conducting research for the Department of the Army as well as many corporate and non-profit organizations. Her education includes biology, business and sociology degrees from Harvard, Stanford and Gettysburg College.
Gayle has bred and/or shown over 130 American and Canadian Conformation, Tracking, Obedience and Agility champions, plus Qualified-All Age and Master Hunter golden retrievers. These dogs include the only two-time AKC National Agility Champion, the AKC Rally National Champion, and the youngest Champion Tracker golden.
We combine science, art and over 40 years of dog breeding experience to create, develop and present puppy rearing courses, programs and equipment for puppy owners and dog breeders.